GTC ZINE Contributor Application
GTC ZINE Contributor Application
Contributor applications for GTC ZINE are finally open! Our Autumn 2020 Issue’s theme is HARVEST. This is our very first issue and we are STOKED. Sales for GTC ZINE will open in November and more info about how to purchase will be available later in October.
What should you submit, you ask? Any of your own original artwork or writing (i.e. illustrations, renderings, short scenes, monologues, comics, short stories, etc.) that is related to theatre and/or storytelling and the issue’s theme. Get creative. Have fun. Kick ass.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Read through all the info below. (We know it’s a lot, but it will help streamline your application!)
2. Go create your art! Again, this issue’s theme is HARVEST.
3. Fill out the Contributor Application here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JM999HV
4. Email your actual artwork/writing submission as a PDF to [email protected]
GENERAL THINGS TO KNOW
- The deadline for all applications is Tuesday - September 29th, 2020.
- Preference will be given to BIPOC, LGBTQ+, female, and non-binary applicants.
- Preference will be given to theatre artists based out of Middle Tennessee.
- Up to three applicants will be chosen as contributors per issue.
- Applicants are welcome to submit more than one submission, but, if accepted, only one submission per applicant will be used in current issue. If you wish to submit your work for the next issue, you will need to re-apply when applications open for that issue.
- All applicants and contributors retain sole ownership of their work. (It’s your work; we’re just featuring it!)
- All applicants will be notified whether or not their submission has been accepted within one week of current application date.
- All accepted contributors will receive a free copy of the current issue of GTC ZINE.
Each submitted work must meet the following requirements:
o Does not include any hate speech or images.
o Must include/relate to the theme of the issue in some shape or form.
o Must be related to theatre and/or storytelling in some shape or form.
o Must be original content created by the applicant themselves.
o Must be able to be printed in black and white.
o Must fit on one 8.5 x 5.5 page (can be vertical or horizontal in layout).
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Complete contributor application via the provided link above AND send their artwork/writing submission attachment as a PDF to [email protected] before the deadline in order to be considered.
- Submit their own original work and understand any work they submit that is not of their own creation will be rejected.
- Accept the following terms of payment, if chosen as a contributor:
o Each contributor will be paid a one-time Contributor Fee of $35 for their contribution to the current issue.
o Contributor Fee will be paid to each contributor within one week after sales for current issue have closed.
o Contributor must provide their current mailing address or their own Venmo information to receive payment. (If chosen, we will follow up with you to get this info.)
- Respond to GTC communication in a timely manner, if chosen.
- Agree to meet virtually at least once with GTC staff, should applicant be chosen as a contributor.
- Understand that by applying the applicant accepts all applicant and submission requirements listed here.
Questions? Email us at [email protected].